Behavioral Health Therapist/School-Based Clinic
Full Job Description
This position provides Behavioral Health consultation to children, adolescents, adults and families in order to improve psychosocial functioning.
- Incumbent works 46-50 weeks out of the year. Must be available to work intermittently in seasonal employment status during June and July based on business needs.
- This position will start full-time in August 2022.
- Bi-lingual skills preferred! Must be proficient in English and Spanish to successfully pass a language assessment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of patients seeking behavioral health treatment.
- Develop effective treatment plans, that include specific goals to be met and timeline for meeting goals
- Assist clients in achieving established self-management goals
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions or referrals if needed
- Actively participate in meetings that support an integrated Medical/Mental Health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients
- Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Assist in the management of chronic disease by working with patients in self-management of chronic diseases
- Refer patients for other treatment when objective progress in patient’s condition cannot be documented
- Work closely with teachers, school administrators, guidance counselors, and other Fayette County Public School System employees when warranted
- Complete all Fayette County Public School requirements (background check, referral pathway, behavior on school property, etc.)
- Provide trainings for staff and/or families on Behavioral Health issues as needed
- Must comply with HIPAA, HITECH, and Part II regulations.
- Participate in quality improvement documentation, including the use of symptom rating scales and peer review evaluations, as necessar
- Meet HealthFIRST Bluegrass Inc. productivity and quality standards
- Utilize telehealth as needed for behavioral health treatment.
- Participate in 2 outreach events per school semester.
- Assist in covering summer clinic by being available to work intermittently in June and July, based on business needs.
- Other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be licensed to practice independently in the state of Kentucky (LCSW, PhD, PsyD, or equivalent)
- Must maintain compliance with licensure board continuing education requirements.
- Integrated medical care model experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31.75 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
HealthFirst Bluegrass requires proof of vaccination for all employees. Employees and applicants may apply for an exemption if they cannot be vaccinated due to complicating medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- Below please indicate your licensure(s) (LCSW, PhD, PsyD, or equivalent)
- Master's (Required)
- license to practice independently in the state of KY (Required)
Work Location: One location