Call Center Lead/Supervisor
Full Job Description
Call Center Lead/Supervisor
Call Center Lead is responsible for monitoring the daily operations of the call center. Working with the manager, the Call Center Lead will foster an environment of patient-focused care and a culture of safety. The Call Center Lead will help to define standards for quality practices within the call center, assist with managing and developing appropriately skilled staff to support the interdisciplinary teams and programs, and provide direction to the call center staff. The Lead will coordinate the functions of the Call Center department and assist to bridge the call center to clinical care teams and other departments within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and monitors the daily operations of a team of patient representative specialists and escalates concerns to manager appropriately.
- Maintains knowledge base for the IT systems, operational procedures and any specific additional customer requirements.
- Conducts Quality Assurance activities (e.g., call monitoring, chart review, coaching) which focuses on the continuous improvement of the quality, consistency, compliance, and accuracy of verbal and written communications with direction of manager.
- Evaluates adherence to policies/procedures and provides corrective feedback when needed; includes reviewing adverse events and product quality complaints to ensure compliance.
- Monitors call volume and related activities on a daily basis; provides management with periodic reports to facilitate staffing/process decisions.
- Contributes to establishing the goals and objectives for the group.
- Responds directly to medical information requests by patients or their doctors following all required legal compliance standards.
- Responsible for providing superior quality customer support through active listening, asking clarifying questions, demonstrating patience and empathy, while ensuring issue resolution.
- Leads by example on effective use of soft phone skills. Demonstrates consistent, superior customer service, even with difficult callers and situations.
- Identifies/obtains pertinent data, and accurately processes any assigned incident reports including patient complaints, in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Assumes the lead on key projects for the group and coordinates with interdisciplinary partners as required.
- Ensures new hire training is comprehensive and completed within defined timelines, resulting in an employee’s ability to work independently; ensures training documents for all direct reports are comprehensive and up to date.
- Assists manager on decisions regarding personnel, including the hiring of staff, disciplinary actions and performance appraisals.
This position assists department manager to manage and lead 6-10 employees; includes monitoring and communicating work standards and quality, providing department and organizational directives and communications, coordinating workflow, training staff, and providing corrective feedback.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: 3+ years experience, some of which must be in call center or telephonic triage; other applicable experience includes some of all of the following: customer/patient service, supervisory experience, project management experience.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
This position requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills; knowledge of clinic call center or triage operations; strong analytical skills; knowledge of health records; quality assurance activities; ability to work collaboratively with a large team, proficient computer literacy and project management.
ABOUT HEALTHFIRST BLUEGRASS
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, mental health, integrated health services, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions and an excellent benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
HealthFirst Bluegrass requires proof of vaccination for all employees. Employees and applicants may apply for an exemption if they cannot be vaccinated due to complicating medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- Do you have a minimum salary requirement or range? If so, please provide or indicate NA.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- call center or phone triage: 2 years (Required)
- healthcare or healthcare administration: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location