Sterling Health Solutions, Inc.
Supervisor(s): Dental Director
Department: Dental Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Effective Date: July 27, 2015
Under the direction and leadership of the SHS Dental Director, the Dentist provides dental care to patients of SHS. This care includes the diagnoses and treats diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gums, and related oral structures by performing the following duties. This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and manages individual patient care.
- Elicits and reviews information about patients in order to provide proper assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients for dental care.
- Examines patient to determine nature of condition.
- Performs various treatments including but not limited to extractions, treatments on injured teeth and fills cavities, designs and makes dentures to replace missing or diseased teeth.
- Educates patient in oral and dental hygiene.
- Administers local anesthetics as needed.
- Supervises taking of and reads dental X-rays.
- Prescribes and administers medications and vaccinations according to national and or organizational established standards of care.
- Thoroughly documents the patient's visit
- Strives to achieve organization quality goals
- Actively supports organization quality initiatives
- Follows established regulations and professional standards as required of the position. Participates in and supports continuous quality improvement.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to provide health care in a sensitive manner to persons of all economic levels and cultural backgrounds
- Able to examine, diagnose, and treat clients of all ages independently
Credentials and Experience
- Active Unrestricted DDS or DMD license in the state of Kentucky
- Valid DEA license.
- Current training in basic life support (CPR)
Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination. Requires sitting, standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires frequent exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to work with a moderate noise level in the work environment is required.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. The health center reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. Additionally, this job description is not intended as an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and the Center continues to maintain its status as an at-will employer.
If the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, reasonable accommodations may be made.