Director, Data & Analytics
Position: Director, Data & Analytics Position Type: Full-time Exempt
Location: Hybrid (Remote + Frankfort, KY)
The Kentucky Primary Care Association was founded in 1976 as a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation of community health centers, rural health clinics, primary care centers, and all other organizations and individuals concerned about access to health care services for the state’s underserved rural and urban populations.
KPCA is charged with promoting the mutual interests of our members, with a mission to promote access to comprehensive, community-oriented primary health care services for the underserved.
Association members are providers of primary care – first contact, broadly trained physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, behavioral health providers, dental providers, pharmacists, and other professionals delivering whole-person health care.
We support the development of primary care services throughout the Commonwealth by working with federal, state, and local legislators, regulatory agencies, health policy organizations, foundations, and payers to build a stronger primary care system in Kentucky.
As the Director, Data & Analytics, you will report to the Chief Medical Officer, this position will facilitate the transfer of data from different data sources into formats that will allow further aggregation and interpretation. This data scientist will analyze information, create reports and presentations to support program leads in the areas of finance, care management and quality, and support the Executive Team in the presentation of data to the Board of Directors as well as internal and external stakeholders. The Director, Data and Analytics will provide insights to support the KPCA in obtaining grant funds, achieving results in grant programs, developing programs to support member organizations and the clinically integrated network. The KPCA will employ the Director, Data & Analytics as an at-will employee.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Detail-oriented and focused on quality.
- Strong coding and programming ability.
- Analysis and problem solving.
- Proficiency in statistics.
- Work independently as well as within team with various backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with machine learning and AI.
- Proficiency with data management tools.
- Project management.
- Understanding of medical claims.
- Understanding of NCQA, HEDIS, Quality Compass, CMS Stars.
- Familiarity with DMS.
- Familiarity with MCOs.
- Understanding of privacy and security re: PHI, HIPPA, HITECH and/or HITRUST.
- 5+ years of proven data analyst/scientist work.
- Masters in related field (preferred).
- Stand, walk, twist, bend, sit, enter data into a computer.
- Flexibility to work 40+ hours weekly, available to work Monday-Saturday as required.
- We are better together. (Emphasize collective good, impact of stakeholder group, avoid being more intrusive than helpful).
- Be curious. (Ask questions, dig deeper, be innovative, think like an entrepreneur, be a doer, solve problems).
- People first. (Nobody cares what you know until they know that you care).
- Heal the healer. (Support the care providers through TA, appreciation, value, workforce, community centers).
- Inclusive excellence. (DEI-J, invite more to table, develop together, distinctions with a difference, break down silos, cross germinate).
- Measure and learn. (Look at data, self-reflect, learn from history, informed strategy, it’s okay to fail and adapt, avoid rinse and repeat unless proven).
- Competitive salary.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) match.
- People-oriented culture.