Director of Operations
Full Job Description
Generous health insurance options, paid time off, dental insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching, vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, employer paid short term and long term disability, flexible spending account, employee assistance program!
The Director of Operations provides leadership, direction, and continuous improvement for all aspects of practice operations of the organization. The Director will be primarily responsible for overseeing the operational efficiency and quality of clinic services at all sites, including direct supervision of management level staff. This position will promote patient-centered service excellence, standardization of operations, strong financial results, as well as engagement with providers and staff. This role will work closely with organizational stakeholders, including but not limited to Chief Clinical Officers, Quality, Information Technology and Analytics.
- Oversee the functioning of key systems vital to clinic operations, including efficient and quality systems for scheduling and patient access; management of clinic flow; referral and lab tracking and panel management.
- Implement standardized processes for quality clinical services.
- Continually evaluates clinic processes and procedures; and recommends improvements to patient flow, appointment scheduling protocols, hours of operation, and other changes that will enhance patient satisfaction and improve success of each clinic.
- Facilitates the evaluation and/or re-engineering of practice operations to embrace the patient centered clinical practices.
- Lead and facilitate key process improvements in population-based care and patient access measures.
EDUCATION: BA/BS in Healthcare or Business related field required.
A minimum of 5 years of progressive management experience in healthcare practice operations. Experience in group practice settings with multiple locations preferred.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE OR SKILLS:
- Familiarity with quality and process improvement methodology, such as Lean
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations that impact clinic operations, including HIPAA, CLIA, OSHA and HRSA.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently use Health Information Technology (HIT) Systems, including running reports.
- Experience in EHR (preferred experience with VISAnalytics/VISDashboard, GE Centricity/Athena)
- Prefer: working knowledge of all VBC, Population Health and Community Health Centers
About HealthFirst Bluegrass
HealthFirstBluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, mental health, integrated health services, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- FQHC/Health Clinic or Homeless Services Ops: 5 years (Required)
- project management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location