Health Communication - Project Manager
This position will collaborate with teams and individuals to create vaccination educational strategies in public health departments. The candidate we are seeking will be a well-rounded marketing professional who can collaborate with health departments and local community organizations to support communications, social listening, partnerships, and community outreach needed to build demand for and confidence in vaccines.
An ideal candidate for this role has juggled multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, maintained a high level of professionalism, and crafted timely communications to multiple stakeholders, always taking the stakeholders' needs into account. The role requires the ability to assess data, identify barriers based upon data analyzed, and identify and initiate strategies to help remove barriers to vaccination. This position provides an excellent opportunity to hone organizational, project management, and audience-centered writing skills, in addition to building a strong knowledge base about work with state and local health jurisdictions.
- Social Listening and Analysis: Conduct jurisdiction-level quantitative and qualitative analyses of different data sources that have an impact on vaccine demand and uptake including mis-disinformation, especially through social media, news media, and internal data sources. Use national and international resources to put local findings into larger context, and work with the CDC and other partners to help inform national social listening activities.
- Behavior Change Strategy Development: Develop evidence-based behavioral strategies to build demand for routine vaccines and support the health departments implementation.
- Communication: Develop products and materials, provide communications support. Work collaboratively with internal and external partners to develop communication products to ensure messages and products meet communication objectives and audience needs.
- Partnership Management: Foster stronger partnerships with other departments in government, among community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, community partners, and stakeholders to ensure they are empowered to deliver vaccine messages.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Track and evaluate efforts for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (e.g. communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, public health, behavioral health, and public policy). MPH or equivalent Masters preferred.
- Minimum 1-5 years of related experience in public health and monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses on social media, news media, or other information sources to inform programmatic efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to create strategies that are evidence-informed to achieve behavioral, communication, and or public health objectives.
- Experienced in developing risk communication and public communication materials and products (e.g. talking points, briefs, handouts, PSAs, social media content, and FAQs).
- Ability to translate scientific and medical content into plain, easy to understand, language for different communication products tailored for specific audience segments.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and engage partners and stakeholders, and foster new or current partnerships (e.g. Community Based Organizations), national organizations and state and federal agencies), and conducting advocacy, outreach, and community engagement activities.
- Experience developing and implementing behavior change strategies to improve public health.
- Experience working on addressing health and/or social disparities and advancing health equity.
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines.
- Experience in preparing, reviewing, and submitting progress reports.
- Ability to manage relationships professionals with individuals at all levels, including staff and external partner organization contacts.
- Drive; motivated to success and a self-starter.
- Behavioral science or public health training or experience
- Previous work on communication efforts to reach priority audiences
- Verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Previously worked on infectious disease mitigation or vaccination efforts
- Previous experience working in multicultural workplaces and settings