Healthcare Assistant / Bryan Station/ Bilingual Incentive!
Full Job Description
Two vacancies available! One 40 hour and one 30-37 hours a week!
Generous health insurance options, paid time off, dental insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching, vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, employer paid short term and long term disability, flexible spending account, employee assistance program!
HealthFirstBluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, mental health, integrated health services, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions.
The primary responsibilities are to assist health professionals with examinations, assist with clinical procedures, perform limited lab tests, answer incoming calls, schedule appointments, check clients in and out, pull and file charts, enter data into computers, assist with reports, and data entry. Duties may vary depending on which clinics or providers the position is assigned to.
- Bi-lingual required, incumbent must be proficient in English and Spanish to successfully pass a language assessment.
- Two vacancies: (1) 30-37 hours a week! (1) 40 hour hours a week!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assure efficient patient flow through clinic by complying with established workflows
· Perform clinical support functions that include, but are not limited to, the following:
o Greet patient in waiting room and escort to exam room
o Take and record the patient’s temperature, pulse, respiratory rate, blood pressure, weight, height and other measurements
o Perform vision, hearing and other screening tests
o Assist patients in undressing for examinations
o Prepare patient for examination and assists with exam as needed
o Chaperone providers
o Assist in lifting and positioning patients for examinations and treatments
o Administer treatments and medications, not to include injections, as directed by provider
o Counsel on safety, nutrition, development, and other according to protocol
· Document all patient encounters in the electronic medical record in an accurate and complete manner at the time of the patient visit
o Document all allergies, including medication and environmental allergies
o Document past medical, past surgical, social, and family histories, and update these as needed
o Document reason for visit
o Review and update immunization records
o Review and update the medication list
o Complete risk assessments as needed
o Document vital signs and growth parameters
o Document any in-house lab tests completed
o Other documentation as needed
· Assure rooms are properly stocked with needed supplies
· Clean and prepare exam rooms appropriately per clinic protocol
· Respond to patient/provider needs to expedite visits and keep on schedule
· Assist patients through check-out process when visit is complete, including scheduling appointments
· Perform and document clinic laboratory services such as drawing and labeling laboratory specimens, conduct CLIA waived lab tests according to protocol, sterilize instruments, maintain lab logs; communicate with reference labs and other providers, calibrate and perform preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment and instruments that have low operator variability, and perform quality control procedures for select tests and instruments.
· Perform designated tasks related to tracking test results
· Serve as a communication liaison between provider and patient as with directives from provider
· Perform clinic administrative support services such as answer telephone, provide information, take messages, greet public, schedule appointments, make and maintain clinic appointments internal and external; requisition, control and monitor inventory levels of supplies and materials and maintain files and records.
· Provide translation services for providers and other staff per clinic protocol
· Participate in Team Huddles
· Act as patient/client receptionist. Greet patients, initiate and distribute appropriate forms
· Register clients/patients for clinic services/programs by obtaining and verifying required demographic, insurance and financial information including income information to determine eligibility for services/ pay status based on established standards
· Schedule initial and return appointments
· Process patient records, maintain patient flow during clinic sessions
· Assemble various forms required by program and service standards to record client information and services rendered to establish a medical record
· Operate a computer terminal to enter, store and retrieve information; compile records; and report routine statistical information
· File charts, master cards and reports; Assist with archiving of charts
· Collect and process clinical service fees. Including: reconcile daily cash collected with receipts issued, cash drawer, encounter forms or other billing documents, and computer-generated reports; forward cash and receipts to Accounting on a daily basis for deposit; and process patient billing information
· Requisition, control and monitor inventory levels of supplies and materials and maintain files, records and laboratory logs
· Stock exam rooms as needed
· Answer telephone, provide information, take messages, greet the public and direct them to office locations for service or assistance
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduation or GED; no previous training/no previous experience required; will provide on-the-job training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current CPR required and must be maintained throughout the duration of this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.57 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Are you proficient in English and Spanish to successfully pass a language assessment? PLEASE ANSWER YES OR NO BELOW.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
Work Location: One location