Medical Assistant / Pediatrics
Full Job Description
Competitive Pay! Generous health insurance options, paid time off, dental insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching, vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, employer paid short term and long term disability, flexible spending account, employee assistance program!
Under the direction of a Physician or mid-level provider, the primary responsibilities are to assist Physicians and Nurse Practitioners with evaluation, management, and treatment of patients during office visits and other tasks related to the visit consistent with his/her training and skills. The primary role is to assure efficient patient flow through the clinic; to maintain neat, clean and safe patient care areas and to promote patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs. This position performs clinical, laboratory and administrative support services of moderate complexity to organization’s clinical operations.
- CMA/RMA/NCMA/CCMA accepted!**
- Bilingual skills preferred- Bilingual Incentive! (must successfully pass a language proficiency assessment)
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduation or GED and graduated from an accredited medical assistant program.
One year of full time medical assisting experience required. Up to three years of experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certification from one of the following programs, that are accredited by The National Commission for Certifying Agencies, part of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) from the American Association of Medical Assistants (preferred )
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) from American Medical Technologists
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) from the National Center for Competency Testing
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) from the National Healthcareer Association
Certificaton or registration from other programs will be considered on a case by case basis and will require the approval of the hiring supervisor, the Medical Director, and Human Resources Director.
Certification must be maintained, and training required for maintaining certification must be obtained.
Current CPR required and must be maintained throughout the duration of this position.
About HealthFirst Bluegrass
HealthFirstBluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, mental health, integrated health services, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
HealthFirst Bluegrass requires proof of vaccination for all employees. Employees and applicants may apply for an exemption if they cannot be vaccinated due to complicating medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- Bilingual is preferred but not required: Are you proficient in English and Spanish to successfully pass a language assessment? ANSWER YES OR NO.
- medical assisting: 1 year (Required)
- Medical Assistant certification or diploma (Required)
Work Location: One location