Nurse Coordinator / School Based Clinic
Full Job Description
This position assists the School Based Clinic Manager in planning, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of community health programs and/or clinical operations.
- 46-50 weeks per year and follows the Fayette County Public School's calendar.
- Expected to be available to work intermittently in June and July, based on business needs.
- This position will start full-time in August 2022.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Maintain daily operations of the school clinic; this includes coordinating staff activities to meet the program guidelines and performance measures
2) Coverage of Saturday clinics
3) Responsible for oversight of school clinic clerk assigned to the school clinic; this includes approval of time sheets and requests for leave, as well as assisting in the clerk’s performance evaluation as needed
4) Provide program reports as required by the Clinic Manager and other management staff
5) Monitor the program budget and assure compliance with the budget
6) Assure the clinic program is compliant with all local, state, and federal requirements and regulations
7) Function as a Nurse to assess patients and assist the Nurse Practitioner as needed
8) Work in a collaborative manner with school staff and other agencies to assure the school clinic is successful
9) Address staff complaints and clinic issues and escalate these to the Clinic Manager as needed
10) Responsible for assuring all patient complaints and incidents that occur in or relate to the school clinic are documented, addressed, and written reports of these incidents are forwarded to the appropriate management staff
11) Communicate and work with the Clinic Manager in a manner that is effective in resolving issues and making the success of the school clinic a priority
12) Works with nurse manager to coordinate clinic workflows, schedules and staff assignments
13) Respond to emergency medical situations that occur in the facility
14) Participate in staff meetings
15) Participate in peer review and other quality improvement activities as requested
16) Provide evaluation input of the performance of staff as needed
17) Participate in the preceptorship of assigned students and evaluation of their performance
18) Coordinate Team Huddles
19) Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
20) Meet HealthFIRST Bluegrass Inc. productivity and quality standards
21) Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
22) Coordinate and participate in outreach events representing HealthFirst
23) Maintain positive and professional relationship with contracting organizations including Fayette County Public Schools
24) Exhibit flexibility of work place to best cover both school clinics and main HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. needs
25) Responsible for the VFC/Vaccine storage and handling
26) Assist in covering summer clinic by being available to work intermittently in June and July, based on business needs
This position has 1-2 direct reports.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) and 3 years experience as a Nurse in the specified program area; Associate’s degree in nursing (ADN) and 5 years related program-specific nursing experience. Current active Registered Nurse (RN) license from the Kentucky Board of Nursing required.
About HealthFirst Bluegrass
HealthFirstBluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, mental health, integrated health services, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to the maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
HealthFirst Bluegrass requires proof of vaccination for all employees. Employees and applicants may apply for an exemption if they cannot be vaccinated due to complicating medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs
- Associate (Preferred)
- nursing (chronic conditions, care coord, care mgt): 3 years (Required)
- RN License (Required)
Work Location: One location