Nurse Practitioner / Certified Women’s Health
Full Job Description
Generous health insurance options, paid time off, dental insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching, vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, employer paid short term and long term disability, flexible spending account, employee assistance program!
HealthFirstBluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, mental health, integrated health services, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions.
As a mid-level health care provider, the Nurse Practitioner provides and is responsible for complete care of the patient within the mid-level provider’s scope of practice. This care will include preventative care and management of acute and chronic illnesses and conditions. The services provided by the Nurse Practitioner shall be as such to assure compliance with requirements of all applicable licensing and regulatory bodies applicable to the practice of nursing for an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
The Nurse Practitioner must have a signed Collaborative Agreement with a HealthFIRSTBluegrass Inc. Physician.
This care includes a commitment to provide ambulatory services within HealthFIRSTBluegrass Inc.’s facilities, to participate in the after-hour coverage for patients affiliated with HealthFIRST to assure patients have 24 hour coverage on an as needed basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide medical care according to established HealthFIRSTBluegrass protocols and established standards of care
- Provide recommended age appropriate preventive care services that include history taking, examinations, vaccinations, counseling, screenings, testing, and other preventative services as recommended by United States Task Force on Preventative Services for adult patients and Bright Futures and the American Academy of Pediatrics for pediatric patients
- Obtain appropriate histories, clinical examinations, diagnostic tests, and make appropriate referrals for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic disorders
- Review laboratory test results, radiology reports, and consultation reports in a timely manner and provide patient with information and treatment recommendations based on these reports; consult with physician as needed for interpretation and follow up on these.
- Complete medical records within 48 hours of the patient visit with documentation in medical record being complete and appropriate for the services provided and satisfactory for billing for the visit
- Complete appropriate documents relevant to care provided to HealthFIRSTBluegrass Inc. patients; i.e., insurance forms, medical statements, certificates of medical necessity, etc.
- Compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Must adhere to HealthFIRSTBluegrass Inc.’s productivity standards
- Meet HealthFIRSTBluegrass Inc.’s quality standards
- Attend and participate in Medical Staff meetings
- Participate in the preceptorship of assigned students and residents and evaluation of their performance
- Participate in Peer Reviews
- Participate in Team Huddles as applicable
- Provide coverage for after-hours calls, if working 24 hours or more per week
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program and certified nationally.
One (1) year experience required.
Must be licensed in the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse and as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner. Maintain required national certification and mandatory continuing education requirements and maintain current CPR.'
- One location
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
- nurse practitioner: 1 year (Required)
- Certification in Women's Health (Required)
- Nurse Practitioner license/certification (Required)
Work Location: One location