Title: Pharmacist PRN
Reports To: Pharmacy Director
Salary Range: Based on experience
Work Hours: As needed
Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center (SCHC) is a 501(c)3 Federally Qualified Health Center located in the Shawnee Neighborhood of Louisville, Kentucky. SCHC seeks to transform the community by sharing the love of Christ in word and deed, to facilitate community development and holistic healthcare through the empowerment of the residents in the community.
Under direction, performs professional pharmaceutical work. Responsible for preparing and dispensing medications and overseeing the work of Pharmacy Technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates and oversees the work of the Pharmacy Technicians.
• Prepares and dispenses medications by reviewing and interpreting prescriptions written by medical providers, checking for therapeutic incompatibilities.
• Counsels patients and answers questions regarding their medications.
• Interacts with medical and nursing personnel regarding medications.
• Dispenses FDA-approved methods of contraception.
• Verifies the prescription preparation and labeling conducted by the Pharmacy Technicians.
• Verifies the order entries, charges, and inspections conducted by the Pharmacy Technicians.
• Administers immunizations and other injectable medications.
• Conducts patient health screenings.
• Formulates clinical decisions regarding medication therapy based on the current guidelines.
• Develops and implements policies and procedures to comply with organizational, regional, state, national and federal requirements, and guidelines.
• Monitors purchasing, receiving and inventory control processes.
• Analyzes inventory levels, cost savings reports, and dispensing patterns to effectively balance product availability and cost-efficient inventory control.
• Assists Quality Improvement (QI) or other third parties with internal auditing of the 340B Drug Pricing Program and contract pharmacies.
• Reviews patient medical records, insurance plans, and hospital status to evaluate patient eligibility for the 340B Drug Pricing Program.
• Assures compliance with 340B Drug Pricing Program requirements.
• Processes, reviews, and maintains required price lists.
• Reviews in-house pharmacy reports for state Medicaid compliance.
• Reviews contract pharmacy reconciliation and contacts contract pharmacy plan managers as needed.
• Reviews potential contract pharmacy formulary adjustments.
• Performs related work as required.
• Maintains patient confidentiality
• Strong alignment with SCHC Mission and demonstrates behaviors aligned with SCHC Statement of Faith and Core values
• Other duties as necessary to ensure successful attainment of SCHC goals and objectives
Job Qualifications and Requirements
• Doctorate degree in Pharmacy required
• Knowledge of the FHC policies and procedures and specific departmental policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical principles to understand and explain uses, complications, and effects of drugs.
• Knowledge of chemical and pharmaceutical equipment to compound and dispense drugs and medicines.
• Knowledge of the procedures for billing third party insurance.
• Knowledge of current guidelines and recommendations for disease state management.
• Skill in manual dexterity to handle and manipulate pharmaceutical materials and equipment.
• Skill in basic mathematical computations.
• Ability to read and interpret data from medical trials.
• Ability to accurately maintain pharmaceutical records.
• Ability to operate data entry and retrieval systems.
• Ability to operate office equipment (e.g. computer software, multi-line telephone, interpreter phones, copier, fax, and other electronic communication methods.)
Working Environment and Physical Requirements
• Work is performed in dental exam rooms, school clinics, and an office environment
• Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Contact may involve dealing with sick persons
• Requires full range of body motion, including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing
• Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
• Local travel may be required to attend meetings or visit other SCHC clinics
• Out-of-town travel may be necessary for conferences and other learning opportunities
Interested candidates may send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org