Physician / Pediatrician
Full Job Description
The physician / pediatrician will be responsible for provider primary care pediatric services to a medically underserved population. The physician will be supported by an integrated care team including a behavioral health specialist and community health worker. Pharmacy, lab, behavioral health and dental services are located on site.
- National Health Service Corp Loan Repayment Eligibility!
- Competitive Pay!
- Great work life balance!
- NO WEEKENDS! Monday to Friday!
- Nine paid holidays!
- Excellent benefits package!
General Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain appropriate histories, clinical examinations, diagnostic tests, and make appropriate referrals for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic disorders
- Review laboratory test results, radiology reports, and consultation reports in a timely manner and provide patient with information and treatment recommendations based on these reports
- Complete medical records of the patient visit with documentation in the medical record being complete and appropriate for the services provided and satisfactory for billing for the visit
- Attend and participate in Medical Staff meetings
- Provide input on the performance evaluation of staff as needed
- Participate in Peer Reviews
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Doctorate of Medicine or Doctorate of Osteopathy degree plus three (3) years of experience in the practice of medicine which shall include the successful completion of an accredited program of residency training.
Must be licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in Kentucky and and a valid DEA certificate, which credentials and associated fees are the sole responsibility of the Physician.
Likewise Physician is required to maintain continuing medical education in quantity to satisfy requirements for re-licensure.
Physician is to be Board Certified in Pediatrics. Board eligibility will be an acceptable substitute provided Physician completes the process of eligibility and certification within a timetable agreed on at the time of hiring.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
HealthFirst Bluegrass requires proof of vaccination for all employees. Employees and applicants may apply for an exemption if they cannot be vaccinated due to complicating medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- Doctorate (Required)
- practicing medicine: 3 years (Required)
- KY Unrestricted Medical License (Required)
- BC/BE Pediatric Medicine (Required)
Work Location: One location